Since its inception the project RABOR was driven mostly by the sincere interest to the history of the native region of Kostroma and the love for its people, they were the starting point and the spiritual force behind its development throughout many years from a one-man dungeon-synth project to a powerful and atmospheric dark-folk group actively using various authentic folk instruments of the Kostroma region. Recording of the 2018’s album “Roots” (Корни) has become a pivotal point for the band, as it was the first album where the sound of Rabor has become truly live and acoustic, as opposed to the synth-driven previous works, and the themes of the tracks become most tightly involved with the live history of the people.
The cassette with the chrome (Type II) tape, four-pane inlay, clear plastic box.
- Side 1
- Порою сжатых хлебов [The Season of Harvest]
- Ссыпчина [Community Feast]
- Ключ-замо́к [Key-Lock]
- Первозимье [Winter Prime]
- Side 2
- Рябиновая ночь [The Rowan Night]
- До вечерней звезды [Until the Evening Star Rises]
- Нехоженными тропами [Untrodden Paths]
- На макушке северного лета [At the Summit of the Northern Summer]
- О кладах (по Н. К. Рериху) [On Treasures (after Nicholas Roerich)]
- Total time: 01:02:41
Original recording © & ℗ Rabor, 2018.
Cassette release © Shum Derevyev Records, 2019.
Cassettes made by the GoTape company (SPb, Russia)
Recorded by Shum Derevyev Records
Master: digital, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit